Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WIDA & CCSS lesson planning resources

So - after planning for hours this weekend, and reading Señorita Reina's comment - 
I am not alone! WooHoo! 

I know - it sounds crazy ... but many times I think I am the only one experiencing trouble or that has an issue...chances are ... many others have the same issue..
So - I did some blog stalking research today -
Here is what I've found....



First up - WIDA blog


This blog - by Tammy King - has been up and running for two years. She highlights trainings, ACCESS for ELL's, ed tech, and data analysis with EL's in mind. She has also written a book on implementing effective instruction for EL's into the classroom.
This blog has been added to my bookmarks - I've enjoyed what I have read so far  :) 

#2
Another great ESOL blog - 

I may have blog stalked Laurah for a while..... :) 
She has a giveaway running now {hint, hint} and has some WIDA/CCSS aligned units in her tpt store. I was really sad to learn that someone stole their MacBooks and even more heart-broken that her Donor's Choose project to replace them expired in April! Boohoo!

#3
Colorín Colorado

ColorínColorado.org

This page has a wealth of information - in ABC order! 
It is also a bilingual site!

#4
They also have a blog dedicated to Common Core and ELL's :) 
The blog *might* be my favorite thing....ever....
The first post that comes up is the back to school writing prompt - with CCSS and expectations for each level of ELL student! 

#5


The National Writing Project
This site addresses issues with Common Core and EL focusing on writing.
There are links to journal articles and books for further PD {uh....Christmas Break?}

night peeps - time for more cold meds and bed....
yay for bts germs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment